ENROLL WITH THE AZCTP
The Arizona Center for Teacher Preparation (AZCTP) is a non-profit organization dedicated to placing qualified teachers in the classroom through alternative teaching certification. We offer an online, self-paced program to learn classroom management and a one-year mentorship program, a much more affordable alternative to going back to school for your Master’s degree.
HOW TO ENROLL
Ready to enroll with the Arizona Center for Teacher Preparation? Here’s how to get started:
1. Make sure you meet the Arizona Center for Teacher Preparation’s requirements. In order to join our program you must:
a. Hold a Bachelor’s degree or higher. Your degree does not need to be in the subject you wish to teach.
b. Pass a background check. This background check will be similar to the background check the Arizona Department of Education (ADE) will conduct on you before you can be employed in a school.
c. Once enrolled you will need to send the AZCTP your college or university transcripts.
2. Understand Arizona State Teaching Requirements
The state of Arizona mandates that teachers using any alternative teaching certification, whether it’s our program or another, must complete the following requirements before they can teach. These requirements may be fulfilled before, during, or after you study for and take the AZCTP PTK exam. Payment, study materials, and examinations for these requirements are separate from the AZCTP program.
a. Take the National Evaluation Services (NES) exam in the subject area(s) you will be teaching.
b. Complete the first 45-hours of the Structured English Immersion (SEI) program. This program is used in all public schools across the state and will help you teach English Language Learners, or children that are not fluent in English.
3. Read our How It Works step-by-step guide. This handy guide will walk you through the program and help you understand further state requirements, how to upgrade your teaching license, and more.
4. Read through the Mentorship page to understand the requirements of the Employed Internship mentor program.
5. Review the Pricing page for information on the cost of the program, how to pay for the program, and installment plans.
ENROLL WITH THE ARIZONA CENTER FOR TEACHER PREPARATION
Our most popular option. This program includes the Classroom Qualifier program and the Employed Internship program.
*Please note, if you will be paying with an installment plan, you CANNOT enroll online. Instead, call us at 1-877-669-2228 (option 1) to set-up your installment plan with a representative of the AZCTP/American Board.
**Call us at 1-877-669-2228 (option 1) for more information.
If you have any questions about the program, please give us a call at 1-877-669-2228 (option 1) or email us at email@example.com.